Solar for Academic Institutes
Why Academic Institutes should go Solar way
The time is ripe for Academic Institutes to go the Solar way owing to below features
- Academic Institutes have constant power consumption during day time
- Academic Institute Buildings have ample Roof space to install Solar panels
- Academic Institutes have higher EB tariff rate than domestic connections
- Long term prospect of Academic Institutes
- Academic Institutes will be a target for installing Electric vehicle chargers
Power Consumption Pattern of Academic Institutes
Unlike domestic connection the power consumption in Academic Institutes is constant and more during the daytime. Daytime is when the sunshines and the Solar system is generating power. If the Academic Institutes have Airconditioned labs and classrooms it makes more economical sense to go the solar way.
Academic Institutes have ample Roof space
Academic Institutes, typically have many buildings spread apart which provides ample shadow free roof space for the Solar system installation. Also facilities like Toilet blocks and parking sheds offer the same. Why not put the unutilised Roofspace to the best of its use.
Academic Institutes have higher EB tariff rate than domestic connections
The EB tariff rate is at par with the commercial rate where as the domestic connections have slab rate and provided power at subsidised rate. Academic Institutes are constantly looking to reduce the runing cost and EB bill is definitely the one to look at.
Long term prospect of Academic Institutes
Academic Institutes as an establishment are run for generations. There are many Academic Institutes which are running for than 20 years. This allows the Academic Institutes to think long term benefits rather than short term. Looking at a period of 25 years the EB tariff may triple. Solar panels comes with a performance warranty of 25 years. The projected degradation of a solar pael is 15% over the period of 25 years. This indicates the Solar panels lasts long and will produce energy for decades to come. This will ensure that the Academic Institutes is protected against the EB tariff rise
Solar is not an Investment priority Now,
still there is a way.
Try our Boot Model
A Sucess Story
Maharishi School in Tamilnadu, Srivilliputtur have installed an 8KW Rooftop Solar system and reaping the benefits.
- Installaed Capacity 8 KW, Grid tied Rooftop Solar System
- The solar system is installed on the Toilet Block
- Estimated Monthly saving from Solar Bill is 7200 Rs
- The Solar system was installed by Gensolar Energy in 2 Days